Vacancy – Monitoring and Evaluation OfficerFTweet
Job Title: M&E Officer (Part time – 16hrs per month)
Job Duration: 1 year (renewable)
Reports to: executive Secretary of YQA
Starting Date: 9th January 2017
Young Queer Alliance (YQA), a non-profit NGO for Youth Empowerment based on sexual orientation and gender identity is looking for a motivated, passionate and dynamic person for monitoring and evaluating its programmes. The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will develop and implement appropriate M&E frameworks and provide direct M&E support to the organisation. As part of the job, the M&E officer will be required to participate in workshops, deliver trainings and write reports for the organisation. YQA works for LGBT in Mauritius.
- Developing and implementing M&E strategies at YQA.
- Providing direct M&E support to the organisation.
- Supporting in research.
- Supporting in M&E of staff performance on a regular basis.
- Supporting in results-based programming of activities.
- Help in project-write up for fundraising.
- Any other duties as and when may be required.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- HSC Holder with passes in English and French.
- Outgoing, flexible, and a quick learner. Passionate about human rights and justice.
- Willing to learn of rights and social justice pertaining to Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and Gender Expression and HIV & AIDS.
- Has experience and a proven record of involvement in social work.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in French and English. Excellent verbal communication in Creole.
- Systematic analytical skills.
- High level of personal initiative and resourcefulness.
To apply for this position, please submit the following (applications not including all of the below will not be considered) by latest Wednesday, the 14th December 2016:
- A one page Motivation Letter why you are eager to join YQA and how your experiences would contribute in this position; AND
- A CV/resume.
By email: email@example.com
NOTE: Only successful candidates will be contacted. This job description does not form part of the terms and conditions of employment.
YQA is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the basis of one’s age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, physical condition, religious or cultural beliefs, ethnicity, marital status, etc.
Upcoming Events More
- 1st Feb 2020 YQA 6th Anniversary
- 24th Feb 2020 International Stand Up to Bullying Day
- 31st Mar 2020 International Transgender Day of Visibility
Others about us
Eric Whitaker (U.S. Department of State)
I find the youngsters of Young Queer Alliance very creative and I welcome this shelter project in Mauritius. Congratulations for this beautiful project that I will surely narrate at Washington.
Saarvesh Doorjean (Peer Outreach, YQA)
I am so proud of us. I have learnt many things and got to know many people working with the Young Queer Alliance. A big thank you and the team at YQA.
Aldo Dell'Ariccia (European Union)
I took the opportunity to comment the initiative of the Young Queer Alliance for launching a national campaign theme "Equality for All", and thank the members of the association for their determination and dynamism.