Vacancy - Coordinating OfficerFTweet
Job Title: Coordinator (Full time – 40hrs per week)
Job Duration: 6 months (renewable)
Reports to: Managing Committee of YQA
Starting Date: 1st July 2015
Young Queer Alliance (YQA) a non-profit NGO for youth empowerment based on sexual orientation and gender identity is looking for a motivated, passionate and dynamic person for coordinating its activities. The Coordinator will manage YQA’s peer educator network and will be required to develop and implement YQA programmes.
- Program coordination, planning, management, monitoring and evaluation of the project funded by GF.
- Responsible for the programmatic and financial reporting of all activities.
- Oversee and coordinate programmatic and financial management of the programme funded by the Global Fund at YQA.
- Develop and implement prevention and sensitization strategies for HIV & AIDS targeted to LGBTQIA youth.
- Collaborate with external local stakeholders including but not limited to other NGOs, the Ministry of Health and other Ministries, and other country projects in the field of HIV & AIDS.
- Organise meetings with the community to receive feedback on programmes implemented.
- Conduct field visits to assess peer educators.
- Participate, organize and coordinate various workshops, events, activities and committees as and when needed.
- Participate as a full member in project teams and in the HIV-cell at YQA.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with stakeholders and work to amplify the voices of civil society based on stakeholder needs.
- Contribute to media monitoring, analyse media coverage and identify media opportunities.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- HSC or equivalent.
- Outgoing, flexible, and a quick learner. Passionate about human rights and justice.
- Willing to learn of rights and social justice pertaining to Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and Gender Expression and HIV & AIDS.
- Experience in dealing with youth, project coordination and has a networking among LGBTIQA youth.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in French and English. Excellent verbal communication in Creole
- Excellent strategy/planning skills.
- High level of personal initiative and resourcefulness.
Interested candidates are requested to submit the following documents by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org by latest Friday, the 26th June 2015:
- A one page Motivation Letter why you are eager to join YQA and how your experiences would contribute in this position; AND
- A CV/resume.
NOTE: Only successful candidates will be contacted. This job description does not form part of the terms and conditions of employment.
YQA is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the basis of one’s age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, physical condition, religious or cultural beliefs, ethnicity, marital status, etc.
Upcoming Events More
- 1st Feb 2020 YQA 6th Anniversary
- 24th Feb 2020 International Stand Up to Bullying Day
- 31st Mar 2020 International Transgender Day of Visibility
Others about us
Eric Whitaker (U.S. Department of State)
I find the youngsters of Young Queer Alliance very creative and I welcome this shelter project in Mauritius. Congratulations for this beautiful project that I will surely narrate at Washington.
Saarvesh Doorjean (Peer Outreach, YQA)
I am so proud of us. I have learnt many things and got to know many people working with the Young Queer Alliance. A big thank you and the team at YQA.
Aldo Dell'Ariccia (European Union)
I took the opportunity to comment the initiative of the Young Queer Alliance for launching a national campaign theme "Equality for All", and thank the members of the association for their determination and dynamism.