Vacancy - Outreach WorkerFTweet
Job Title: Outreach Worker (Part Time – 20hrs/week)
Job Duration: 6 months (renewable)
Reports to: Coordinating Officer of Young Queer Alliance
Starting Date: 2nd February 2016
Young Queer Alliance (YQA) a non-profit NGO for youth empowerment based on Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity and Expression is looking for motivated, passionate and dynamic persons as outreach workers to sensitise MSM on Sexually Transmitted Infections and HIV/AIDS. YQA works for LGBT in Mauritius.
- Deliver package of HIV prevention to MSM, information, distribution of condoms and lubricants, referral to HIV test.
- Fill in the data sheets systematically with accurate data collected during field interventions.
- Support other partner NGOs when instructed to by managing committee with regards to the Global Fund project.
- Participate in various workshops, events, activities, trainings and committees when so instructed by the managing committee.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners, stakeholders and clients to promote organizational and program issues.
- Participate as a full member in HIV/AIDS cell at YQA.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with stakeholders and work to amplify the voices of civil society based on stakeholder needs.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Outgoing, flexible, and a quick learner. Passionate about human rights and justice.
- Ready to learn of rights and social justice pertaining to Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and Gender Expression and HIV/AIDS.
- Has a networking among MSM.
- High level of personal initiative and resourcefulness.
- Easy to contact and has good communication skills.
- Possess an empathetic and caring attitude towards clients
- Ability to network with key informants from the community
- Able to exercise flexibility in their tasks
- Able to cope with unfamiliar situations
- Able to work irregular hours when needed
Interested candidates are requested to submit the following documents by e-mail at email@example.com by latest Wednesday, the 20th January 2016:
- A one page Motivation Letter why you are eager to join YQA and how your experiences would contribute in this position; AND
- A CV/resume.
NOTE: Only successful candidates will be contacted. This job description does not form part of the terms and conditions of employment.
YQA is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the basis of one’s age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, physical condition, religious or cultural beliefs, ethnicity, marital status, etc.
Upcoming Events More
- 1st Feb 2020 YQA 6th Anniversary
- 24th Feb 2020 International Stand Up to Bullying Day
- 31st Mar 2020 International Transgender Day of Visibility
Others about us
Eric Whitaker (U.S. Department of State)
I find the youngsters of Young Queer Alliance very creative and I welcome this shelter project in Mauritius. Congratulations for this beautiful project that I will surely narrate at Washington.
Saarvesh Doorjean (Peer Outreach, YQA)
I am so proud of us. I have learnt many things and got to know many people working with the Young Queer Alliance. A big thank you and the team at YQA.
Aldo Dell'Ariccia (European Union)
I took the opportunity to comment the initiative of the Young Queer Alliance for launching a national campaign theme "Equality for All", and thank the members of the association for their determination and dynamism.