Call for applications: 2018 - 2019 Fulbright Foreign Student ProgramFTweet
The Embassy of the United States of America invites applications for the Fulbright Foreign Student Program for the 2018/2019 academic year. Grantees selected for degree study will be funded for a maximum of 2 years. All awards are contingent upon approval by the J. William Fulbright Scholarship Board (FSB), availability of funds, and successful academic placement.
1. Awards are granted as follows:
- Degree program: One (1) to two (2) years of funding (depending on the degree length) towards one degree only - Master’s or Ph.D. (Eligible grantees may apply for one renewal grant); or
- Non-degree research: Participation in an academic year (9-10 months) nondegree research program. (Grants are not renewable).
2. Fields of Study:
We welcome applications in all fields of study. However, while applicants are encouraged to apply for priority fields of study determined by the Government of Mauritius and available on the Ministry of Education and Human Resources website: http://goo.gl/v3PoZR. However, the U.S. Embassy encourages applications that focus on education, entrepreneurship/ innovation and the empowerment of women.
Note: The program does not apply for Medicine, Law, Veterinary and Architecture.
Deadline: May 22, 2017
For more information, please visit the following link from the U.S. Embassy at: http://photos.state.gov/libraries/mauritius/882940/exchange2017/CallforApplicationsFulbright2018.pdf
Upcoming Events More
- 1st Feb 2020 YQA 6th Anniversary
- 24th Feb 2020 International Stand Up to Bullying Day
- 31st Mar 2020 International Transgender Day of Visibility
Others about us
Eric Whitaker (U.S. Department of State)
I find the youngsters of Young Queer Alliance very creative and I welcome this shelter project in Mauritius. Congratulations for this beautiful project that I will surely narrate at Washington.
Saarvesh Doorjean (Peer Outreach, YQA)
I am so proud of us. I have learnt many things and got to know many people working with the Young Queer Alliance. A big thank you and the team at YQA.
Aldo Dell'Ariccia (European Union)
I took the opportunity to comment the initiative of the Young Queer Alliance for launching a national campaign theme "Equality for All", and thank the members of the association for their determination and dynamism.