Looking-for: Communication InternFTweet
Employer: Young Queer Alliance
Deadline for applications: 30th September 2017
Contract: Internship (3 months)
Location: YQA office, Melrose
Position Responsibilities and Duties:
The Communication intern shall be responsible for:
- Supporting in the written and audio-visual communication works of the organisation
- Collaborate with staffs, sub-committees and managing committee to respond to internal and external communications requests
- Assist in development of YQA communications materials
- Maintaining list of media and other contacts
- Supporting in social media and public relations strategy
- Writing articles and creating content for YQA website and Facebook page
- Providing support in developing presentations and editing, branding/layout of any reports
- Supporting partner organisations in communication-related tasks
- Completing any other related tasks as may be assigned by the immediate supervisor
The work shall be mainly office based with laptop and internet facilities. However, the intern is expected to participate in out-of-office activities.
Requirements and Qualifications
- University student looking for internship OR fresh university graduate OR HSC holder passionate about Communications and Marketing works
- Degree in a related field (e.g media, journalism, communications, language, etc.)
- Ability to write compelling human interest and news stories
- Ability to write, speak and read both English and French
- Ability and interest in photography
- Conversant with social media
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills (both written and oral)
- Computer literate and able to use Microsoft Word and Powerpoint
- Able to manage multiple deadlines simultaneously
- Ability to use softwares or open-source communications' programmes is a plus
- Knowledge, experience and/or exposure to video production is a plus
The intern should not expect to receive a salary. However, transport by bus shall be refunded from home to place of work and back.
Interested candidates are requested to submit the following documents by e-mail at email@example.com by latest Saturday, 30th September 2017:
- A one page Motivation Letter why you are eager to join YQA and how your experiences would contribute in this position; AND
- A CV/resume
Note: Only successful candidates shall be contacted. This job description does not form part of the terms and conditions of internship.
YQA is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the basis of one's age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, physical condition, religious or cultural beliefs, ethnicity, marital status, etc.
Upcoming Events More
- 20th Nov 2019 Transgender Day of Remembrance
- 1st Dec 2019 World AIDS Day
- 10th Dec 2019 Human Rights Day
Others about us
Eric Whitaker (U.S. Department of State)
I find the youngsters of Young Queer Alliance very creative and I welcome this shelter project in Mauritius. Congratulations for this beautiful project that I will surely narrate at Washington.
Saarvesh Doorjean (Peer Outreach, YQA)
I am so proud of us. I have learnt many things and got to know many people working with the Young Queer Alliance. A big thank you and the team at YQA.
Aldo Dell'Ariccia (European Union)
I took the opportunity to comment the initiative of the Young Queer Alliance for launching a national campaign theme "Equality for All", and thank the members of the association for their determination and dynamism.